Applying facial toner is an essential step after cleansing and before moisturizing your face. Toners help to remove excess dirt, traces of oil and makeup, cleans pores, corrects and balance the pH of your skin, and helps control acne on acne prone skin.
What could be standing between you and clear skin? Using a facial toner is considered to be one the most important steps in a skincare routine. Below are 6 main reasons to use a facial toner.
- Shrinks pores
- Restores your skin’s PH balance
- Adds protective layer by not only closing pores but tighten cell gaps after cleansing as well
- Primes and Moisturizes – Some toners are humectants, which means they help to bind moisture to the skin.
- It refreshes skin – In lieu of washing your skin when it’s oily or dirty, a few sprays of toner will leave your skin revitalized when you’re on the go.
- Toners containing glycolic acid or other alpha hydroxy acids can help to prevent ingrown hairs.
Follow us on Instagram @MelisseBeauty for your Quick Reference Guide: Internal/External Skincare & Health for Young Radiant Skin.
Browse our entire list of Beauty Topics for your Quick Reference Guide: Internal/External Skincare & Health for Young Radiant Skin.