Tip for Controlling Oily Skin
1. Keep blotting sheets on hand to touch up excess oil throughout the day.
2. A matte moisturizer or foundation can also help soak up extra oil.
3. Use lightweight moisturizers and gel-based cleansers.
4. Blot areas of your face with enlarged pores throughout the day.
5. Exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin cells, keep pores clean and reduce breakouts.
**One benefit of oily skin is that you may not show signs of aging as quickly as those with dry skin.
Frequent washing and/or exfoliating diminishes natural oil from the skin. This can cause an autoimmune response by the sebaceous glands, reacting by overproducing oils to compensate for the loss. A good rule of thumb is to wash only twice a day.
Neglecting to apply sunscreen in the day can cause your skin to dry out. This also leads to an increased in sebum production. Sunscreen is recommended every single day.
Follow us on Instagram @MelisseBeauty for your Quick Reference Guide: Internal/External Skincare & Health for Young Radiant Skin.
Browse our entire list of Beauty Topics for your Quick Reference Guide: Internal/External Skincare & Health for Young Radiant Skin.